Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January slipped past me....

My goal was to post at least once a month and I missed January! Oh well, try again. Today was really fun since I got to help with the zone conference for the missionaries. Our ward did teriyaki chicken and rice and also had lots of good salad and dessert to serve the missionaries. They are so cute and appreciative and it really warms my heart to be with them and feel of the great spirit that they carry as full time messengers of the gospel of Jesus Christ! Later the zone leaders who are in our ward came for dinner, so this has been a special day.
I love knowing that we as members can also be full time missionaries and bring to others the blessings we enjoy. Surely we can do more! Have you shared the gospel today??? Please comment if you've had any missionary experiences in January. I made some phone calls and invited some less actives to our "girls night out." They didn't come, but that's OK, it still counts as missionary work and it made me happy to reach out to someone with an invitation.

2 comments:

Cecilee said...

We had 3 inactive boys come to our Pinewood Derby a couple of weeks ago. They brought their families and everyone had a really great time. Its nice to have scouts to bring kids out and introduce them to church.

Chris said...

Bently's fiance came to church with him last week--that was great to have her there as a non member for Branch Conference. It was also nice to have him there since he isn't very active.
I am planning to ask some less active sisters to help with the meal for our upcoming enrichment mtg. :)
Can you send me the recipe you used for the teriyaki chicken? I'm trying to decide on the menu for our RS birthday enrichment mtg