Wednesday, February 4, 2009

spices before and after

Well, this is before I started. You can see it will take some searching to find the bottle you want.

There is as lazy susan that helps a bit, but I will add to it also.





This picture shows the construction of the shelf. It is 2 inches deep and
about 16 inches long on one leg. 9 inches on the other.




I just used a few
short screws to install the shelf. Make sure it isn't too high for the bottles. One problem, the bottles are close together so you have to get a finger on top of them to get them out. I didn't leave quite enough room. Will have to move it down.



I made a little spool to put the very short bottles on. Can you see it in the middle of the lazy susan?
There are actually more bottles in the after picture than the before picture.
I plan on putting a shelf on the door. It will have something in the front to keep the bottles from falling off while swinging the door open or closed. The door shelf will be as high the the other shelf so it will be above the lazy susan.

7 comments:

Dre Drea & Drew said...

That's cute sister Witbeck...I love that idea..thanks

Cecilee said...

Good job Dad. That's funny that someone thought it was Mom who put this together. ;o)

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I thought it was Aunt Valeni too and was way impressed.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still impressed... such a good idea to fix the spice cupboard problem, and I think I may borrow the idea in the future:)

Tony and Tiffany said...

What a great idea!!! I too have a ton of spices and now I know how to store them when we get into our own place! Thanks for such a wonderful idea! I will be sure to copy it!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea Valeni! You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

*grin* Ok - I should have paid better attention! Great job Brother Witbeck! Can I borrow your idea when we get the new cupboards in?