Friday, February 12, 2010

This is a picture of my latest and not so great find.
This mirror was free. You know one of those old gold painted ornate frames you never want. More burnt yellow than gold and flat, not glossy. Well I thought maybe black paint would bring it into modern times. Didn't happen! Although it is an improvement, I can't find a place it the house that I would want to see it on a regular basis. I will try it for a while and see if I can get used to it enough to keep it. I have a smaller mirror almost like this one, but no black paint as of yet.

What do you think? Maybe white paint? Chuck the frame and what? Make a frame? What should it look like?  Here is another picture with a different exposure, but fuzzy as I couldn't hold still enough without the flash.


Remember you have to overlook the mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually like it. Black is the right color- I think white would look weird. Maybe we have to see it in person, but Kydon and I both like it.

If you decide you just can't stand it, we might be willing to take it off your hands. :)

camille said...

I really like the mirror too, it just doesnt go with the brown things in the room. I'd totally take it off your hands if I were around!